Setting colours of text terminals

Nemo - earth native nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Sat Mar 15 13:59:15 EST 2003

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 12:01:05PM +1100, Alex Satrapa did utter:

> No... that's not what I meant.  You need a "TERM nsterm" line, not a
> "TERM=nsterm" line.
>
> The "TERM nsterm" line is a cue to dircolors that when ls sees "$TERM"
> equal to "nsterm" that it is, in fact, a colour capable terminal.

So you do. I had to check the dircolors docs twice to find the
reference... again, it's been so long since I've used a terminal which
ls didn't know could be coloured that I'm not sure if I've ever had to
set the TERM in dircolors ;)

.../Nemo