[clug] samba password

Neil Pickford neilp at goldweb.com.au
Fri Jun 13 00:12:28 EST 2003

Thanks heaps for the hint's guy's.

After your hints I was able to solve my Samba access problem that has
persisted for over 3 years.  In my case it was the lack of the line
"smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd" in smb.conf and a mix up over
which smb.conf was active.  In my case /etc/smb.conf was not being used
by Samba 2.2.1, however it used to be used in earlier versions.
My smb.conf is located at /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf (the install

Found a good article through google at:
This helped too - It also explains the $IPC password question.

Neil Pickford