[clug] Re: Open Source promo stall

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 17:56:41 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 14:49, Paul Bryan wrote:
> First off, count me in to help. I can help out on the stall. I've got a laptop
> running Debian with a burner so there's another burning machine in the mix. Now,
> to the message!

wow there's so much enthusiasm right now!

I hope we can keep it going until the event! If SCO gives up now,
they've helped us out through motivation. The longer they try, the more
people will join in.

> Quoting Darren Freeman <daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au>:
> > But at this point we have to ask ourselves if burning CDs is the way
> > go. Maybe pressed CDs are better if we have funding. They are probably
> > 10c each and no work for us, but we need the corporate sponsorship to
> > do
> > 10k of them.
>
> Speaking of corporate sponsorship, how about some merchandise? If I have some
> left over pocket money, I might by a bunch of stickers or something to throw in
> to the mix. We could give them away with each CD.

Starting to get pricey. If a company wants to help out then great
though. How expensive is press-on labelling?

>  How about T-shirts? $20 at everythinglinux.com.au. I don't mean to give them
> away (maybe a lucky door prize though?), but for the people on the stall to wear
> them.

Yeah people should be wearing cool shirts. But it's really up to the
individuals to buy them before the event, and they don't have to be
standardised or anything.

> How about Revolution OS playing continuosly on a PC? I haven't seen it though,
> it may well bore everyone to death for all I know!

I haven't seen it either, we should hire it for a CLUG one night during
pizza.

> Cheers,
> Paul.

Well, I think we should consider organising a stall type operation over
all of Australia. Maybe we have a trial run, write-up our experience on
the website, then help the others to do the next one all on the same
day.

Have fun,
Darren