[clug] Re: Open Source promo stall

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 14:49:01 EST 2003

First off, count me in to help. I can help out on the stall. I've got a laptop
running Debian with a burner so there's another burning machine in the mix. Now,
to the message!

Quoting Darren Freeman <daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au>:
> But at this point we have to ask ourselves if burning CDs is the way
> go. Maybe pressed CDs are better if we have funding. They are probably
> 10c each and no work for us, but we need the corporate sponsorship to
> do
> 10k of them.

Speaking of corporate sponsorship, how about some merchandise? If I have some
left over pocket money, I might by a bunch of stickers or something to throw in
to the mix. We could give them away with each CD.

How about T-shirts? $20 at everythinglinux.com.au. I don't mean to give them
away (maybe a lucky door prize though?), but for the people on the stall to wear
them.

[...]

> > count me in for some time on the stall. we could have *nmap* as seen
> in the
> > matrix! no ... your right. that is a bad idea.
>
> There is a good entry point in certain movies though, movies that show
> you how cool users of *nix systems are. I know, there's like 3 movies
> like that in total ;)

[...]

How about Revolution OS playing continuosly on a PC? I haven't seen it though,
it may well bore everyone to death for all I know!

Cheers,
Paul.