[clug] Linux Australia LUG list representative

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Thu Jul 10 16:51:10 EST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:32:36AM +1000, Michael Still wrote:

> Folks,
>
> LA is forming a LUG contact list, which will consist of committee members
> for each LUG. This list I believe is intended for the coordination of
> events, competitions such as that free travel to LCA thing that happened
> last year, and dealing with difficult members of the press.
>
> We have a problem here though, because of our lack of a committee. We
> therefore need to reach some sort of concensus about one or two people we
> are happy to subscribe to this list. If it all falls apart, then it is
> relatively easy to replace these people later.
>
> Thus, I will throw my hat into the ring as a volunteer to be subscribed to
> the LUGs list. Is anyone else interested?

If no one else pipes up, I'd like to put my hand up, too.  Is there any
particular reason this list is closed, though?  Seems like most of this
stuff is of rather general concern...

> Is the CLUG community happy with me taking on this role?

Go for it.

--
Rob Weir <rweir at ertius.org> | mlspam at ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:         offensive information warfare IMF New World Order TWA