[clug] issues with Galeon in unstable

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Wed Jul 9 14:40:36 EST 2003

Steven Hanley <sjh at svana.org> writes:

> If it is not possible to get them back, is there another galeon like browser
> around yet (based on mozilla renderer) that has similar tabs layout but
> still has all its config options (there are quite a lot of other config
> options no longer in galeon I notice, but I was able to go without those)

Yeah, I was equally disappointed with how the unstable Galeon turned out. It
turns out there's a better solution, though - Firebird + "tabbed browser
extensions" [1] does all the nice things Galeon used to do, and then some.
The introduction of things like smooth scrolling also make it feel more
polished. I switched about a month or two ago, and haven't looked back.

[1] http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en

Regards,
--
Damien Elmes