[clug] issues with Galeon in unstable

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Wed Jul 9 14:22:26 EST 2003

All

So the Galeon in debian unstable 1.3.4 currently, two things that have made
me really dislike it.

The proxy stuff is no longer part one of the menus, so you can not easily
disable or enable the proxy, you have to click through the
edit|preferences|network|proxy settings which brings up gnome-control-center
or something to modify it.

The other one is now pasting (middle click) a URL onto a page in galeon no
longer causes that page to load (this has been default behaviour in netscape
and similar browsers since 2.0 or so AFAIR).

Does any one know if it is possible to get either of these behaviors back?
Or is it just another part of the GNOME should not have any configuration
options Jihad as it confuses people who use windows or something.

If it is not possible to get them back, is there another galeon like browser
around yet (based on mozilla renderer) that has similar tabs layout but
still has all its config options (there are quite a lot of other config
options no longer in galeon I notice, but I was able to go without those)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view