[clug] Linux on mirrored disks using software raid 1

Stephen Hodgman steve at namsys.com.au
Mon Jul 7 14:53:39 EST 2003

G'day Michael,

On 7 Jul 2003 at 11:35, Michael.James at csiro.au wrote:
> Anyone got any recomendations for Linux-friendly
>  hardware raid solutions, (twin ATA100 cards?)

We have used 3Ware Escalade 7500 ATA RAID card here with great success.  We
have 4 port version with 3 disks.    It is supported in the kernel and just works. We
use 3 disks their enclosure that supports 4 x 3.5" drives in space of 3 x 5.25" bays.
---
Stephen Hodgman               steve at namsys.com.au
Namadgi Systems                Ph. +61 2 6285 3460
Canberra                       Fax +61 2 6285 3459
Australia