[clug] Linux on mirrored disks using software raid 1

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Mon Jul 7 13:59:51 EST 2003

On 7 Jul 2003, Burn Alting wrote:

> Perhaps your best bet would be a SATA solution which has hot-unplug
> functionality catered for.

Which raises another question...

Last week I tried installing Redhat's GinGin preview of their x86_64 distro
and the SATA drives were not detected.  Had to switch in a parallel drive.

Searching the mailing lists I got the impression that the Promise SATA
chipset is unlikely to be supported (soon) and people should use Silicon
Image based controllers.

Has anyone on the list had experience with SATA and Linux?

--
Brett Worth

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F