transact connection

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Feb 16 16:47:27 EST 2003

On Sunday, February 16, 2003, at 02:37 , Nicolas Cherbuin wrote:

> I have searched the internet for one hour plus without much success
> either.

What were you looking for?  A Google search for "linux connecting home
network internet" turned up this link:

http://www.minet.net/docs/lg/issue39/tag/13.html
(esp. check out the linked article
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html)

I expect that you'll want to read up on sections 6.6 (DNS) and 8
(Network Interconnection).

Mind you, I knew the kind of information I was hoping to find.  Neither
"private" nor "domestic" are good substitutes for "home", because you'll
end up with lots of information about commercial firewall-in-a-box
solutions.  I took about half an hour to come up with the goods - I'm
sure others on the CLUG list could do much better.

HTH
Alex