remote firewall advice

Dale Shaw DShaw at exceed.com.au
Tue Feb 4 16:04:38 EST 2003

#include <other_responses_talking_about_turnkey_distros.h>

What about instead of it trying to make a connection to you, you
configure a dynamic DNS client on it and have it register its
ISP-assigned IP address with a DDNS provider? I've never looked for
myself but I'm sure there are some free ones out there.

Then you could connect to it using its name (using SSH or whatever).

Cheers,
Dale