Intel Ethernet Express Pro 100 Problems :(

Robert Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 4 11:15:14 EST 2003

I have seen this problem a number of times before. I believe that Intel change
the PCI ID of the different chipsets they make (which is the correct thing to
do).

What the driver needs to do is recognise all the current PCI chipset IDs.
These are in the driver code in drivers/net/eepro100.c in an array called
eepro100_pci_tbl. You can use lspci to find the PCI IDs for your mobo NIC
chip and then simply add a line to this array, recompile your modules (if it
is loaded as a module), install it, run depmod and then modprobe your new
modified Intel EEPRO 100 module! Voila!

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.