OT. Networking problem

Mick Howe mickhowe at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 4 12:08:45 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 10:06, you whispered in my shell-like:
> Dear Mick,
>
> I dropped the cards in the GPO on the way to work.
>
> But you got 2 other good postings:
>
> Bob Edwards points out that the PCI spec won't support the 800mAmps
>  that the AUI spec demands. I hadn't realized that.
>
> And Antti points out that a cheap 10 BaseT hub with BNC
>  will allow you to start migrating them across.
> This problem is only going to recur.
>
> So, solutions are flooding out of the woodwork,
> Michaelj

I expect to eventually convert the practice to later boxen and 100Mb net work,
they are impressed with how much faster the duron is compared to the 100-120
pentiums are.

Budget and downtime constraints prevent upgrading before mid year.

God bless user groups!!

/\/\ik