[clug] OT: Webone

Gary Woodman antigramp at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 19 12:31:47 EST 2003

--- Brett Worth <brettw at cray.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else worried about Webone at the moment?
>
> I think yesterday was the first day of something significant in their
> assimilation with iinet.

At Sunday's computer market, Webone had a "clearance sale" table of
various hardware items, attended by Alan, a Webone techo with whom I
had previously corresponded once or twice. Alan advised that he and all
the Webone staff had been retrenched, as of Monday (yesterday).

So either the iinet people are fiddling around, getting to know
Webone's infrastructure, or there's no one there and the whole thing is
running on auto-pilot.

I hope it's not another Interact debacle-in-the-making.

And for something almost completely OT, at Saturday's computer market,
one of the stallholders had a Libretto 100 for sale (late in the day,
too) for $300. They are just amazing to hold and wave around. It was
eventually sold.

Gary (another Webone customer)