[clug] sec: unclassified - RH7.2 halts

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Wed Aug 6 10:58:19 EST 2003

Ellis, LCDR Peter said:
> PROBLEM: I decided to do the 'text' installation. RH stops at the point
> of opening Xfree-blahblahblah...... I can't get past this sticking
> point, and there appears to not be a way to side-step this file (and
> come back later) and continue the installation. The same thing happens
> when I tried the graphic 'X' installation.

You might be using one of the notorious RedHat CD's that just got burnt
"wrong".One other thing to check though is that at that stage of the installation
process, you haven't simply done something silly like run out of file
space.  No sense changing media or distribution yet if the problem isn't
related.
(that being said, upgrading to Debian isn't such a bad idea ;)

--
Matt