[clug] Purchasing memory, and download mirrors

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Apr 20 11:57:48 EST 2003

Two questions:

The memory in my PC has just died.  It's been giving the occasional 'memory.c
... bad pmd xxxx' during startup for the last month or so, but yesterday the
system just became unbootable.  Fortunately I had 64MB lying around in
another unused (dead) PC, so I at least have a bootable system.  (Actually,
the system is running better on 64MB than I expected, although VMWare is out
of the question at the moment.)

Anyway, I'm looking to purchase some new memory.  The now dead memory came
from the fairs, so I'm looking to buy from a reputable store this time.  I
have purchased both PCs and parts from Cougar in the past, and have always
been happy with both their service and quality, but I was wondering what
other places people would suggest I check out.

Also, do any other Netspeed users know whether Netspeed has a mirror of Linux
distros anywhere?  I can of course just download between midnight and 7am,
but I recall talk about them actually having their own mirror of at least
some of the distribtions.  However, I can't find any mention of such a thing
on their website, and their helpdesk is not staffed at the moment (being
Easter and all).

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--