Announce: Canberra.pm

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Thu Sep 26 17:10:04 EST 2002

Jepri (jepri at webone.com.au) wrote:
> We need a mascot.  Does anyone know where I can get a stuffed/blow up
> camel?

You can get blow-up sheep [1] in those stores in Mitchell and Fyshwyck,
could ask there if they can get blow-up camels!

[1] must have lots of .nz customers ;)

Hmmm. perhaps a better solution could be to make a paper mache one using
printouts of perl source code, and decorate it with more perl source
code.  That would look cool.  You could probably transparently stain the
camel brown using teabags, though if the code doesn't withstand the
macheing, might as well just use standard paint.  I'd pick a colour that
looks like Canberra, like the browny-yellow monaro grass look.

--
Matt                  "Our products just aren't engineered for security"
                            -- Brian Valentine, Microsoft Senior Vice-President