finding out about rpms

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 26 18:07:19 EST 2002

Hi,

I need to recompile samba for a suse 8.0 system to get an uptodate one and I want to find out how it was compiled.  Like all the flags and paths etc.  How do you get info from the rpm?  Can you list the specfile in an rpm package?  I tried rtfm but didn't find anything.

Kim
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)