Announce: Canberra.pm

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Wed Sep 25 22:36:55 EST 2002

Canberra now has a local chapter of PerlMongers!  You can find out a
little more about PerlMongers at http://www.pm.org/index.html.

We will be starting meetings soon, which will alternate between social
events and hard core geekery.  For now there is a mailing list for
people to sign up at http://mail.pm.org/mailman/listinfo/canberra-pm.

The group isn't just for 'real perl programmers' - we encourage
beginners and those who use it just a little like system admins.  Heck,
if you want to drop by the list and ask what Perl is we'll be happy to
help you out.

We are also OS neutral, so if you know any 'doze perl guys pass the
news on, since I don't know about the windows user groups in town.

We need a mascot.  Does anyone know where I can get a stuffed/blow up
camel?

Jeremy