IDE Raid Controllers
Martijn van Oosterhout
kleptog at svana.org
Wed Sep 11 20:18:29 EST 2002
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 05:44:21PM +1000, Karun wrote:
> Has anybody used any IDE raid controller cards at all? What do people think
> about the one they have if any?
> Im planning on buying one, but not sure which one to get/use.
We have an Escalade 7450. Seems to be fine.
- As the other person said, appears as a SCSI device
- Can be put in a 64-bit PCI slot for extra performance
- Has array setup completly in firmware. No special software required.
- There is a daemon to manage the card via a web interface
- Can do backup verification and media scans
- Driver comes with kernel source (though its a bit old)
- Linux support is good
- Other disks can be attached and appear as plain disk (JBODs :) )
- Like the other guy said, disks in proprietry format
- Not too many tuning options (advantage?)
- Probably some others, can't think of anything right now.
Hope this helps,
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org> http://svana.org/kleptog/
> There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that can do binary
> arithmetic and those that can't.
More information about the linux