Problem installing Mandrake 8.2 on Acer Veriton 5500

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 15:24:12 EST 2002

Intel have a driver for that one that I've found to be better than the one
installed by default with RedHat (I'm not sure what Mandrake uses). It makes
it easy to configure the card eg. 10Mbps or 100Mbps, half/full duplex etc.

I can't remember where exactly it was, but some browsing around the
<sarcasm>wonderfully organised</sarcasm> site should turn up the driver
eventually.

Cheers,
Paul.