XBox Linux -> JukeBox

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 08:47:26 EST 2002

On Monday 02 September 2002 23:51, Terence Kearns wrote:

> OK, flame me if you like, but I was thinking of using Flash for the GUI

If you like ;-)

> sockets). Flash also has a built in XML parser and is a pretty solid OO
> platform beleive it or not. And of course, it runs on Linux. You can

Not too sure about this one though. My experience has been that flash has a
very ill-defined object model. This is for the built in stuff. They don't
seem to have implemented the hierachy very well - e.g. no mouse over event
for text boxes. This should be part of a generic object that text boxes,
movie clips etc. extend IMO.

We figured it was a backwards compatability sort of thing.

On a related note, does anyone know much about the linux flash player?
Macromedia seem commited to *not * developing it very much. The line I got
was they have to cater for the majority.

Does anyone have any thoughts on an open source flash player? I think that'd
be nice.

Paul Bryan.