large disks in old machines

Rob Shugg rshugg at kinetitech.com.au
Tue Sep 3 00:29:03 EST 2002

I took Michaels suggestion and it got a Promise Ultra 100 TX2 card. All fixed.
everything autodetected, no size limiting jumper or CHS forcing.
very good.

one interesting thing though, i plugged my 30G WD in to this to copy its
contents over and i still couldn't mount it. I suspect a version problem
between MDK 8.2 reiserfs and debian Woody's...(any comments welome)
I may just copy it over NFS anyway.

rob