[Q] (Slightly OT) KVM Over CAT5 or Other....

Geoff Smith gsmith at geoffco.net
Wed Nov 6 20:24:59 EST 2002

> only gets you so far. ;-) No point trying to play MP3's over a network.
> *grin*

Why not?

> >The noisiest part of my floor-standing PC is the power supply fan
>
> However this one is still the bug bear. How do you get a quiet PSU to go
> with the nice and silent VIA ITX and hard drive. Are there converters that
> could be used instead of a PSU? Something similair to notebook power
> packs?

Haven't tried it yet, but apparently a couple of resistors inserted in
the circuit that powers the fan can drop the power enough to stop it
making heaps of noise, but keep the fan spinning enough for things to
not overheat. The site I was looking at had details of which resistor to
use. It'd be worth a google search.

Geoff