[Q] (Slightly OT) KVM Over CAT5 or Other....

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 6 20:16:52 EST 2002

G'Day,

> The hard drive I've got in my desktop PC is so quiet
Agreed. Also if you want to store something on the machine then netbooting
only gets you so far. ;-) No point trying to play MP3's over a network.
*grin*

> chassis fan
This can be alleviated by using one of VIA ITX motherboards.

> The noisiest part of my floor-standing PC is the power supply fan
However this one is still the bug bear. How do you get a quiet PSU to go
with the nice and silent VIA ITX and hard drive. Are there converters that
could be used instead of a PSU? Something similair to notebook power packs?

BTW Have a look at the projects section on http://www.mini-itx.com

-- D