Debian package question

Mark Purcell msp at purcell.homeip.net
Sun Mar 10 19:24:04 EST 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 02:42:31PM +1100, Grant Morphett wrote:
> So I have my debian system and I know its missing a certain file.  Could be a
> header file or an exe file - whatever.  How do I determine which package that
> file is in so I can then install that package?

Hop on over to http://packages.debian.org and at the bottom of that page
you will find two search engines.

The first allows you to search for specific package names, and will tell
you which distribution the package is in.  The second will allow you
to search for indivual file names and will tell you exactly which
Debian packages contain the file.

Mark