Webone blocking port 25??

David Clarke gadicath at dishevelled.net
Thu Jul 25 00:13:30 EST 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> Anyone else noticed that Webone seems to have suddenly starting blocking
> external access to port 25 (SMTP) on their TransACT domestic connections??

I know they block it on their dial up plans as I encountered problems
sending email directly to me.

> I'm hoping that it is my imagination (unlikely) or that a short phone call
> tomorrow will fix the problem (unlikely too)...

Not sure that they'll fix it, I emailed them about it and got an email
back about it being in place to stop something from happening.... can't
remember what and I just found that I've cleaned out some mailboxes I
possibly should've kept.

	David

--
I have found that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like
people than to travel with them -- Tom Sawyer Abroad