Webone blocking port 25??

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Wed Jul 24 22:52:49 EST 2002

Anyone else noticed that Webone seems to have suddenly starting blocking
external access to port 25 (SMTP) on their TransACT domestic connections??

I'm hoping that it is my imagination (unlikely) or that a short phone call
tomorrow will fix the problem (unlikely too)...

My website still works, so the DNS is fine.  But connection to port 25 is
denied.  I've checked my server, and nothing has changed in ipchains.  I can
connect locally, so the SMTP server is running.

If this is an attempt to force me to upgrade to a business plan, then I will
be mightly pissed off.  I'm not running a business, I just want to offer my
family members a permanent email address.

They didn't even give any warning....

Rasjid.