Best firewall gateway version of Linux ?

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Mon Jan 21 09:38:14 EST 2002

    Alex> On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 10:11 , Bob Edwards wrote:

    >> We have been using gibraltar here at Dept. of Computer Science ...
    Alex> [snip]
    >> What it needs is a better interface for configuration [...]

    Alex> Would 'webmin' be of any use to you?  Check out the results
    Alex> of "apt-cache search webmin" - there's an administration
    Alex> plug-in for just about every feature of a "typical" firewall
    Alex> that the "average" "home" user might need :)

We're talking about configuring a firewall here aren't we?  I would
have thought the last thing you would want running on your firewall is
a web-based service that lets you configure the machine/firewall...

There's always a trade-off between security and convenience.  On your
firewall you just don't want that sort of convenience...

peace & happiness,
martin