"No carrier" problem

Daniel McNamara daniel at cit-linux.net
Thu Jan 17 18:04:48 EST 2002

I came across a similar problem when setting up my Linux net gateway, I did some searching and come across this trick for wvdial.

In your wvdial.conf file add the following line:

Stupid Mode = 1

Can't quite remember what it does but it is referenced in the wvdial man page. Ever since adding that line I can connect to my ISP no problems. My connection has currently been running for the last 10,000 minutes straight without a hiccup.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers

Daniel