smoothwall transact issues

Rob Shugg rshugg at ausport.gov.au
Tue Jan 15 11:26:51 EST 2002

first of all thanks for the advice on my original connection problem, it was
the format of the username as suggested.

I actually installed IPCop last night after seeing some of the bad press SW
have been getting. So far it looks almost identical to SW and just as easy
to set up, it only took 30 min.

One problem i am having though is with the squid proxy. when it is running
the machines on my internal network cant resolve internet ips. I think this
worked properly on SW but i wasnt using dhcp as I am now with IPCop.
Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

rob