smoothwall transact issues

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jan 15 12:36:04 EST 2002

On Tuesday, January 15, 2002, at 11:26 , Rob Shugg wrote:
> One problem i am having though is with the squid proxy. when it is
> running
> the machines on my internal network cant resolve internet ips.

Does this mean that when Squid isn't running, you have your HTTP clients
set to use "direct connection", or another proxy?

If you're using a "direct connection", then the chances are you haven't
set up /etc/resolv.conf on the IPCop machine properly.  If you're using
a proxy outside your network, then perhaps DNS on your internal network
isn't working, or just isn't set up.

I'm guessing that when you say "the machines on my internal network
can't resolve Internet IPs" that what you mean is "I get error pages
saying the domain name could not be resolved".  What happens if you look
up the web site name using "host" on the command line? (eg: 'host
www.slashdot.org")

Alex