Way off Topic - Canberra Dial Up ISP

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Sat Feb 9 17:20:13 EST 2002

P,

* Unsure what you mean by this.... it _is_ called the "internet" :-)

What I mean by this is what is their connectivity like to the rest of the
world ie outside Australia. Is it a 10MB link is it a 1GIG link or what? For
instance TPG (for cost reasons) routes ALL their traffic out via the States
and then back to Australia even if it is to a site based in .au. Now I
realise this is for cost reasons, but that is a big down factor when it
takes +/- 10 hops to get anywhere even if the site is next door. To me it is
pointless having great local peering if all international traffic goes out
via a 100MB link which is very slow because it is shared by all their users.
NOTE: I am not saying this is TPG connectivity, it is just an example I made
up for any ISP.

-- D