Way off Topic - Canberra Dial Up ISP

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sat Feb 9 17:54:30 EST 2002

On Saturday, February 9, 2002, at 04:28 , Donovan J. Edye wrote:

> However I am most interested with how well the ISP performs
> in other areas such as:
>
> -          Local Peering
> -          International Access
> -          Modem Quality / Utilisation

Until I fell for the Telstra Bigpond ADSL crap, I used Goldweb they have
Traffic and Time based plans[1].

The only problems I've ever had were setting up with a new modem.  Just
before I switched to ADSL,  I was happy enough with the 120Mb plan,
except for the usual problems with latency due to modem connections and
the international link and all.  They're pretty heavily loaded, so
during "peak hours" they cut you off at 2 hours.  Goldweb was more than
enough for when all I was doing was email and casual web surfing.

Their upstream last time I checked was Telstra.

[1] http://www.goldweb.com.au/gw/?page=services/dialup/latest