Way off Topic - Canberra Dial Up ISP

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat Feb 9 16:54:15 EST 2002

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Donovan J. Edye wrote:

> if anyone had any experiences with local Canberra ISP’s that could aid me in
> my decision. Essentially I am looking for a 56K, limited time, unlimited
> download plan. However I am most interested with how well the ISP performs

I've never used such a plan from them, but WebOne are a damn fine
provider.

> in other areas such as:
> -          Local Peering

They allow peering between TransACT customers. Don't know about modem
users.

> -          International Access

Unsure what you mean by this.... it _is_ called the "internet" :-)

> -          Modem Quality / Utilisation

I used to run a modem 24/7 off them - was disconnected a few times a week
at the worst.

> Anyone got any suggestions?

Stay _well_ away from netspeed. Run like hell if they approach you.

> -- Donovan

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\