Upgrading my monitor - comments sought

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Aug 20 11:04:30 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 09:16, Felix Karpfen wrote:
> I am nevertheless exploring the likely benefits of moving from an
> adequate 14" monitor to a 17" monitor.

I use a Diamond View "Diamondtron NF" (17NF).  This is a 17" super-flat
CRT.  I love it - I don't think it is possible for an LCD (TFT) screen
to get this kind of picture quality.  The front glass is flat - so the
first time you sit in front of it, it appears to be concave.  Very weird
to get used to.

It handles resolutions up to 1280x1024 without complaining, but it's
obviously designed with 1024x768 in mind.

The best bit about the flat monitor is that it's much easier to get rid
of glare, since you don't have lights reflecting off the top or sides of
the glass.

This monitor has both 15-pin D and BNC connectors, should you be picky
about how the signal gets to the monitor.  It has an On-Screen-Display
which is satisfactory, giving you control over size, rotation,
pincushion, trapezoid, top/bottom spread and colour.

I will never again buy a basket-ball monitor (that's anything with a
curved front glass these days)!

Alex