sec: unclassified - a list user is doing something...

Ellis, Peter R. Peter.Ellis at defence.gov.au
Wed Aug 7 12:05:13 EST 2002

Hi.

I am generally a lurker on this list, that I read as a digest.

Something interesting has been happening recently. The most recent
occurrence was in the last day. This is NOT a witch-hunt, just an
investigation into a curiousity in someone's list posts.

Someone on this list is posting in a manner that causes "bells and whistles"
to go off with some email sweeper programs in use around the place, it
seems.

> An e-mail addressed to you has been blocked due to an inability to virus
scan the contents.
> This may be attributed to encryption and/or password protection on one or
all of the attachments.
> Encrypted and password protected documents are blocked in accordance with
guidelines.

The message was... [snip...] linux digest, Vol 1 #852 - 12 msgs
i.e. The problem was somewhere in the 12 messages previous to the one given
below.

Please suggest a way of finding out what the problem is.
e.g. Where can I go through the full logs of this list, please?

Thanks,
Peter