Netgear MA301 and Orinoco Silver Querey

Damien Elmes resolve at repose.cx
Sun Sep 2 23:33:28 EST 2001

Tomasz Ciolek <tmc at goldweb.com.au> writes:

>  Check if the schipset on your PCMCIA->PCI adapter is listes as
>  supported under linux/pcmcia-cs
>
>  Latest versions might have the support you need... If all else
>  fails look for ISA -> PCMCIA stuff, Its mostly supported and solid.

on a slighly related note, i bought a netgear FA411 (10/100, 16bit)
from cougar the other day which is apparently supported in linux. i
can't get it to work though. connected to a 10baseT hub, it drops
about 90% of packets, and to my 10/100 switch, it won't work at all.

i think it's a media problem, as no matter what irq it's on, the same
thing occurs. i've tried the provided drivers (open source, just looks
like an old version of pcnet_cs), although they die with a problem
about modversion, and i'm not up with kernel dev enough to fix it.

switich from 2.4 -> 2.2 kernels, around different pcmcia-cs version
(28 and the latest beta), etc all seem to have no effect. a xircom
card being kindly lent to me functions properly on this thinkpad 560.
i don't know where to check next.

has anyone had experience with these cards?

cheers.

--
Damien Elmes
resolve at repose.cx