How to Stop printing

Matthew Gibbins mgibbins at mindless.com
Mon Oct 15 19:13:27 EST 2001

And yo was Damien Elmes heard to yodel:
> Linux <linux at sohail-haroon.8m.com> writes:
>
> > Dear Seniors Hello
> >            I am new user of linux , yesterday i send test print to printer from xwindows , printer is not going to stop print , i delete printer and add again , even restart linux machine too, but there is still printing command in queue plz tell me how to stop print command in xwindows & shell mode and hoe to check print process in shell.
> > i am waiting for u
> >
> > Sohail Haroon Satti
>
> lpq  : list what's queued
> lprm : delete from the queue.
>
> to stop the printer from printing, delete the queue and then turn off
> the printer (to clear its internal cache).
>
> of course if you're using one of the new printing systems like CUPS or
> pdq, you'll need to read the docs for them.

  Don't know about the default distro installs, but CUPS has a facility
  to accept BSD commands. This is available as a separate package
  cupsys-bsd on Debian.

--
 I'm not advocating that anyone take up emacs. Not even me: at my age, I'd be more likely to try bungee-jumping. It's easier, and has less risk of causing permanent brain damage.
**  A posting on ZDNet forum