[Q] Processes etc.....

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 14 21:03:33 EST 2001

G'Day,

Another couple of very newbie questions:

-	How can I tell what a process is if there is no man page or other
info?

root         2  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        SW   Oct08   0:00 [keventd]
root         3  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        SWN  Oct08   0:00
[ksoftirqd_CPU0]

-	How do you tell what interfaces a process is listening on? (I know
how to figure out the port - based on a previous thread)
-	For Debian - How do processes get automatically started at boot
time. I realise it must have something to do with /etc/rcn.d but is there a
FAQ that describes just how the start up process and run levels work?

TIA

-- Donovan
E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com <mailto:d.edye at bigfoot.com>  Web:
www.edye.wattle.id.au/ <http://www.edye.wattle.id.au/>
"If I throw a stick will you go away?"
"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!"
GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org