How to Stop printing

Damien Elmes resolve at repose.cx
Sun Oct 14 20:27:33 EST 2001

Linux <linux at sohail-haroon.8m.com> writes:

> Dear Seniors Hello
>            I am new user of linux , yesterday i send test print to printer from xwindows , printer is not going to stop print , i delete printer and add again , even restart linux machine too, but there is still printing command in queue plz tell me how to stop print command in xwindows & shell mode and hoe to check print process in shell.
> i am waiting for u
>
> Sohail Haroon Satti

lpq  : list what's queued
lprm : delete from the queue.

to stop the printer from printing, delete the queue and then turn off
the printer (to clear its internal cache).

of course if you're using one of the new printing systems like CUPS or
pdq, you'll need to read the docs for them.

cheers!

--
Damien Elmes
resolve at repose.cx