Clug Notes (was Re: TransACT)

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Nov 26 13:16:33 EST 2001

Bob wrote:

>>  - asymmetricity
>>   - partly the hardware vendors building their equipment for it...

>any other broadband network in the world (that I am aware of). Claiming
>that the uplink costs more in this context is a crock. There is no
>peer-peer precedent to base such a claim on.

Perhaps, but 99% of TransACT customers will be asymmetric users. While
it may be the same hardware, they're going to need to document and train
if they are going to support it. I can see how every option they give can
can greatly increase the permutations they must support, so I can understand
the fairly cautious attitude at this stage.

Antti