TransACT@CLUG this month

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Nov 6 18:00:17 EST 2001

Bob Edwards wrote:

> With the upcoming enabling of free peer-peer connections on the
> TransACT network (end of this month), I have taken it upon myself
> to invite Robin Eckermann (Chief Network Architect) and one or two
> of the folk at TransACT who are involved in the peer-peer work
> to come and give a presentation at CLUG this month (22nd, I hope).

In order to prepare for this interesting presentation I will now
grab this thread slightly OT.

This sounds very interesting. While 'net access looks very much more
expensive through TransACT (compared to Telstra 512k/128k at 3GB) one can
see the trend with Telstra:
	1 - they effectively discontinued the 256k/64k plan
	2 - they chose NOT to cap at 3GB so a user now runs a risk of
	up to $40/h if they forget a live connection (TV? game?) overnight
	3 - they introduces 1.5m/256k at 5/10GB which look more like what
	they wanted to charge in the first place. This put (2) at $120/h.