Protocol Encapsulation

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sun Aug 5 09:47:28 EST 2001

Certainly the port has to be open at the server end, but you can lock it
behind a firewall.  That way you need only have port 22 (ssh) accessible
through the firewall yet have any services/ports available behind the
firewall.

At the client the syntax is:

ssh -L <port_on_client>:<server>:<port_on_server> <ssh_firewall>

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates