Protocol Encapsulation

Mark Hummel mhummel at pcug.org.au
Sat Aug 4 21:33:56 EST 2001

Hi,

I want to be able to "wrap up" access to a service on my machine,
forcing anything to go through the same wrapper. That way I don't have to
have a separate TCP wrapper for each service that I want.

For example, consider telnet. I don't simply want to add the service in
inetd.conf - I want to force users to go via ssh. Ssh port forwarding
doesn't seem to do the trick, because the port I forward to has to be
open,  does it not?

And, if the port has to be open, users can connect to the port directly.

Any advice?

Thanks,

mark.