system-auth file

Carroll, Jim jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Sat Apr 20 01:06:39 EST 2002

I was wondering if someone could confirm that I have system-auth properly
configured...?  This is what I have:

auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix2.so set_secrpc
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account     sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix2.so set_secrpc
account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so

password    required      /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix2.so set_secrpc
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5
shadow
password    required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so

Let me know if you don't like what you see, have recommendations for
improvements, etc.

Also, is anyone aware of any possible problems whereby OpenSSH won't
automagically run keylogin when a user logs in?

Jim Carroll