[linux-cifs-client] Question on current state of sec=krb5*integration in cifs.ko

Fri Oct 23 11:15:01 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 06:20:40PM +0200, Holger Rauch wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> I looked at
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/UNIX_Extensions
>
> but I couldn't find anything about SMB encryption. Do you have any
> good links concerning both SMB signing and encryption (configuring it,
> smb.conf options, etc.)?

For the server you would say "server signing = mandatory",
no idea about mount.cifs.

> Are they both part of Samba 3.2.5 (shipped with Debian Lenny) or would
> I need a more recent version of Samba?

Samba 3.2.5 server-side does both signing and encryption.
cifs.ko afaik only does signing, no encryption yet (this was
the "Hint" part of my last mail :-))

Volker