[linux-cifs-client] Question on current state ofsec=krb5*integration in cifs.ko

Holger Rauch holger.rauch at empic.de
Mon Oct 26 03:56:42 MDT 2009

Hi Volker,

Volker Lendecke schrieb am Friday, den 23. October 2009:

> [...]
> For the server you would say "server signing = mandatory",
> no idea about mount.cifs.

For mount.cifs, specifying sec=krb5i instead of sec=krb5 in my
automount map obviously worked. The file system was automounted as
expected.

Does "server signing = mandatory" also include encryption? I did a
"testparm - v | grep server" and additional option containing
"encryption" was shown, so I guess "server signing" includes both
signing *and* encryption, right?

Thanks for clarifying this & kind regards,

       Holger