[linux-cifs-client] Question on current state of sec=krb5*integration in cifs.ko

Holger Rauch holger.rauch at empic.de
Fri Oct 23 10:20:40 MDT 2009

Hi Volker,

I looked at

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/UNIX_Extensions

but I couldn't find anything about SMB encryption. Do you have any
good links concerning both SMB signing and encryption (configuring it,
smb.conf options, etc.)?

Are they both part of Samba 3.2.5 (shipped with Debian Lenny) or would
I need a more recent version of Samba?

Volker Lendecke schrieb am Friday, den 23. October 2009:

> [...]
> It's not *as* bad as it sounds security-wise, SMB signing
> attempts to provide integrity, and the Samba extensions for
> SMB encryption (Jeff: Hint...! :-)) would provide
> confidentiality.
>
> Volker

Thanks for enlightening me & kind regards,

       Holger