[linux-cifs-client] CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -12

Noah Romer nromer at arcmailtech.com
Wed Jun 4 19:26:21 GMT 2008

Jeff Layton wrote:
> Almost everything is at 1, but there are a few other levels. Generally
> I just set it 7. It can get chatty though and can bog down the machine,
> so I wouldn't plan to run it that way for long. Ideally, you'll want to
> set it to 7 just before reproducing the problem and set it back to 0
> just after it occurs.

Ok. I cranked cifsFYI up to 7 and ran the load that had failed several
times before. No dice. The app ran and completed. It did generate a
healthy amount of debug data, though, including several apparently
non-fatal errors: 112, 11, 32, 104 and 9. The bzip2 compressed log file
is 1.1MB. That seemed a little large to post to the list, so I've put it
up at http://www.eskimo.com/~klevin/messages.bz2 .

--
Noah Romer <nromer at arcmailtech.com>
GPG Key Fingerprint: 944E C2F8 EBEC BCC7 EEA9  9381 1B21 0098 CC8D 45BA